Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Anniversay to Us!

Today Jay and I celebrate 5 years of marriage! Holy cow! Man, how things have changed in 5 years! I want to share some of my favorite pictures from the weekend!

We got married in Columbus, MS my hometown. All of Jay's family flew in for the wedding and all my family and bestest friends were there. It was the PERFECT weekend!

On Friday, we rehersed and then had dinner at our favorite resturant - J. Broussards. We are lucky enough to be able to go back there tonight to celebrate! The church we got married in, St. Paul's Episcopal, was on the national register of historic places and was BEAUTIFUL! We were also blessed that a dear friend of mine, Rev. Dr. Bob Seney was a Episcopalian minister and was able to perform our ceremony.

Dad Walking me down the aisle:



Some of our wedding party:



With my friends Bethany and Kerri:



The next morning when we woke up it was dreary outside, and then it began to rain. I was so distraught. First of all, I have curly hair and it DOES NOT fair well in the rain. I went to the hotel in the limo to pick up some of my bridesmaids and was crying in the lobby about it raining on my wedding day. I will never forget, my big burly brother-in-law, John grabbing me and telling me that it is okay for rain on your wedding day, because it means good luck! I guess that was all I needed to hear. That was the last care I remember having that day. Between my mom and all my sweet bridesmaids, all the minor details that could have driven me crazy didn't even make it to me!

This is my sweet niece Alexa, who worked very hard to make sure the aisle was covered in rose petals! I didn't see it live, but it was soooooo cute on the video.



Just Married!







Being a graduate of the W, we have a tradition that we sing this song Friends at each W girls wedding. As a true lover of all things tradition, this was soooo special to me, espcially since my friends initatied it. Usually I am the one to do it! I don't think there was a dry eye in the place!



Alright, that wraps up my wedding recap. I have to go get some things done while James is asleep! Oh my how the time flies!

Happy Anniversay Jay!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lok said...

Awwwww!!!!! :-)
..... but, now we're friends till the end of time!!!

August 3, 2009 at 7:56 AM

 
Blogger theandyoneals said...

Hey Katy! Love the blog! i"m going to link to you from mine!
audrey

August 5, 2009 at 11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home