Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Granny Turns 80!

On December 29, my Granny turned 80. She is in pretty good health and still gets around pretty well. She has just started using a cane within the past year. I hope that my health is good and I get around that well when I am 80!

We threw a family party only on Saturday, January 2, so we could get the extended family together.

Sweet cousins playing. Brooklyn and Mary Katherine play with James.



My mom's generation and their spouses at the party.



My generation at the party.




James with his generation.




This is my super sweet cousin, Karen. I always was fascinated with her growing up and I am so excited she got to meet James.





Something else very special happened that day. My cousin, Jennifer left our family the day after she graduated high school, because she was no longer happy with her family. We have eventually all gotten back in touch with her. We really wanted her to come to this party, because we all loved her and missed her. My cousin Ryan went and picked her up and drove her to Columbus and back. During the time she reconciled with her Dad and has agreed to keep in touch and come back to family event. We are thrilled to welcome her back to the family. She got to meet her sister-in-law and nieces for the first time! My grandmother cried and cried and said she really missed her. I think it was the best present we could have gotten for her. Here are a couple of pictures of her with her family.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home